Sunday, July 19, 2009

27 Turns!

My sister is turning again.
19 is the day she turns every year.
she has turned since 82.
what's 9 - 82?

My sister is turning again.
Though it comes is no surprise,
her spin prooves new everytime
What a blessing it is
that she continues to turn.

Her favorite turning used to be all night long.
with giggles and laughter among turns of a different number than mine...
now, which I get to enjoy with her as well,
she turns over a meal of a delicious matter

Over the years, her eyes have grown wide
turning has produced the wise
She loves, encourages, mops and maintains
but most importantly, knows the one who never strays.

I love my sister who is turning yet again.
Thanks God for sisses who continue to turn.
My prayer would be that
her eyes are open, her heart soft, her mind deep and spirit reflective
as she turns again.

Happy Birthday sis!






1 comment:

katy said...

You are such a sweet sister! This made my day! Thank you so much for honoring me with my very own blog post!! :) I hope to see you sometime soon!