Friday, September 14, 2007

We Heard Back from HUD...

Eric received a call from our realtor that HUD accepted our contract. Now, it is time to turn on the utilities and have an inspector come look at the house. We need to start pouring over magazines to see what we like or not for possible choices of flooring, walls and lighting in the bedrooms. We want to get the floors, ceiling scraped and bedroom walls done before we move into the house. Eric is predicting that our closing date will be at the end of October, and he will be gone the last week of October on a business excursion. So, he wouldn't be able to work on the house. Also, we will be gone the week of Thanksgiving which means no work as well to be done. Since our weeks are pretty full, any working on the house will be limited to weekends. I'm sure though, it will all be worked out in God's perfect timing. If we need to, assuming the plumbing, electricity, and A/C all work, we can sleep on the floor until we are finished with the bedrooms and such. Oh, I can't wait!! We will be living under construction, but what a time to savor. Well, I guess remind me later on this year when I am discouraged about being in a disaster zone that God does have perfect timing, that He is good ALL the time, and that this is a time to savor. Anyway... YEA!!!

Oh yeah, we will also be setting a date for closing sometime in the future. Please pray that we can get the Texas Teacher Lone that Eric had originally thought we could get. Our lone officer lady said that she wasn't sure that particular lone was compatible with the GNND program. I'm confident God will work it out though.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey, Diane, I read your blog! and will keep up with it now. I'm so sorry I feel so lousy this weekend, but maybe some rest will do the trick. Funny, we had a healing service the last night of our revival; I think I should have asked for healing for this sinus infection, but I didn't know I was getting it.
This house thing is so exciting!
Love, Mom